Subscribe on ITUNES
Connect with Voices of the Past about #digitalheritage on
Have you ever dreamed of what it would be like to go back in time to take part in a historical event? In this podcast, we’ll meet someone who has been involved in helping many folks do the next best thing. Her name is Carrie Phillips, and she is the director of marketing and communications at Historic Columbia in Columbia, South Carolina.
Historic Columbia used digital media to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the burning of that city during the American Civil War. This kind of concept is gaining popularity in a variety of contexts, and I think you’ll agree that Carrie’s group designed Burning of Columbia expertly. Here are the highlighted topics from that interview:
- About the historical event “Burning of Columbia…”
- What inspired the design of the campaign
- What were the goals
- Who was involved and what their roles were
- Deciding mix of platforms and message
- Advice for others considering a similar approach
- Audience feedback
- Companion website
- The future for this project
- Tweeting historical events
Downloadable case studies on livestreamed webcasts, museum interactives, and the use of Wikipedia for Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums.